header

header

Friday, February 15, 2013

Ella's Heritage Preschool Style.

For the past month or so, I've been working with Ella's teachers in planning a Chinese New Year Celebration for her class. On Tuesday morning we pulled it off.

Ella wore yet another qipao, this one from a Chicago Chinatown visit last year. She practiced her kung fu skills while brushing her teeth that morning.

We had big fun. The teachers did great research on the customs behind the celebration, too. There was a little bit of geography, ribbon dancing to Chinese music, art, gym time, story time and snack time. All of it revolved around Ella's heritage. I was beyond thrilled for her. I guess having me there for the entire morning was a pretty big deal as well although it may be a toss up on who had more fun - Ella or me.

We all slithered likes snakes between pylons...

Ella teamed up with Nikko for lantern making.
 
 

I surprised even myself on the snake cake I made. The kids inhaled it.


It has been a week full of affirmations that Ella's school is a perfect fit for her. And the teachers and I are already excited about our celebration for 2014. I'm so thankful they allowed me to be a part of such a special day for her.

~H

No comments:

Post a Comment