header

header

Friday, May 11, 2012

Third Time a Charm?

As hard as it was for me to believe, and really...I was not pleased, this mama had the flu for the THIRD time in the last six months. How many times has Ella had the flu? ZERO. I am convinced that she is a big sponge of germs and because of her built in "living in China for nine months" resistance is so air-tight, it glides right off her. I hope I don't eat these words, but her stomach is made of steel.


So while I was wallowing in self-pity and aches and pains and all the other wonderful things that accompany the flu, THIS little girl was wonderful. She made sure I was covered up. She'd pat me. She'd give me a kiss (as much as I tried to keep her away, didn't work). She played around and on me for hours - not one whiny fit. And when I felt so incredibly achy and feverish, Larry came to the rescue, packed up work and came home to take over.

I have no idea what he let her get away with while I was enjoying fever dreams. They both assured me they 'did stuff!' I can say this: she fell asleep at 9:30 last night and slept the entire night through until 7 this morning!

I never thought the flu would give me a reason to reflect on motherhood and Mother's Day, but it has. I am grateful for her, for him, for us.

~H

No comments:

Post a Comment