header

header

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing through my open ears.*

(The Wedding Pictures Post!!) The title above are lyrics from "Across the Universe" by The Beatles. I don't know that any one song could be more perfect for what I'm feeling tonight. Our pretty bride, Kim, made her entrance to this song - perfectly harmonized by their musicians.

I'll confess that I downloaded all of the Kim and Trent wedding pictures to Facebook today. Yes, before I updated the blog. (Bad Mama) My page blew up with "likes" and comments from friends (theirs, mine) far and wide. I had to sign off. I could not keep up. To say that I enjoyed working on these photo edits would be something of an understatement. Our joy for these two far surpasses any words. The fact that Ella was included in their wedding day only made it that much better.

So when I signed on tonight after getting Sassy Pants to bed, I was greeted with this photo (by ShutterHead Studios...their wedding photographer and amazingly talented) and a message from Trent: "With all the amazing photos you've posted of us today I just couldn't wait to share this one with you. Enjoy :)"




And my mouth dropped. I had no words. Well, actually I had a million words, a million emotions but none that I could formulate into anything for your reading enjoyment. So gaze at this for a moment and know that she was every bit this cute. The day was ever bit this colorful. The love and joy was every bit this big.

And then scroll down and enjoy some of the shots I was able to pull off. Trent and Kim made it very, very easy for me.

It may be about a month later but I think this post was worth every little bit of that wait.

Finding a little guidance in the Good Book.

Post rehearsal dance.
Ella and her boys at the rehearsal bash, enjoying the boatload of gifts from Kim and Trent.
Back at the hotel after a big night of flower girl rehearsing.

On the morning of the wedding, Ella and I spent time with Kim and the bridesmaids as they got ready. They all were very sweet to Ella and she fit in perfectly. So much so that when she announced she had to go potty, she marched into the master bathroom, dropped her pants and did her business as three girls were having their hair done.

Kim's dress anxiously awaiting the big event.

As Ella (and Larry) tried to get some beauty sleep before the ceremony, I took off to hook up with the boys as they got ready. Did I mention colorful? Never before have I seen such a wonderful use of color on a wedding day! And a yellow bowtie for the groom!

I have a handful of personal favorites from this big weekend. This watch picture is one of them. The watch was Willie's, Larry's Dad (Trent's Grandpa). He passed away 10 years ago but he was shining down and keeping us on time.

These next two are wonderful because both Trent and Kim are seeing Ella for the first time in her flower girl get-up. (She is standing at my side as I snapped these.) Their smiles are SO big!



Ahhh, another favorite! Ella appears awestruck and Kim's face could light up a city.


Sweet girl. A bit pensive about this flower girl thing and holding tight to her two favorite men.
Waiting and watching...

And then I turned the camera off and soaked it all in. Leaving it to the professional was an excellent choice as you can tell from the first picture!


Trent and Kim popcorn!!

And a self-portrait attempt at a family photo before the day was done - all comfy on our hotel bed.


Way to go, Ella Man Li. You did us proud!

~H

PS Next up - Birthday #3 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment