header

header

Friday, November 25, 2011

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

Little did I know that just after programming our blog to post our sweet Thanksgiving greeting to you, that we were going to end up like this...

It hit Larry on Tuesday/Wednesday and me on Wednesday night/Thursday. I might be the ONLY person in this country to lose five pounds on Thanksgiving Day. We were sad to miss out on the gathering at my brother and sister-in-law's house. Tonight, I'm longing for my sister-in-law's cooking! (Not so much yesterday.) Knock on wood, our little firecraker is still healthy. She has been resistant to napping the last two days, however, which has made for two very exhausted parents. And although I'm feeling much better today, Larry is not. We hope that Saturday brings better health our way.

Ella did share this with me tonight. "Mama, my belly button aches like Daddy's because Baby Yiyyee (Lily...the recent addition to our family) is in there."  I just didn't have the energy to tell her differently.

The good, wonderful, heart-warming part of all this is that while I laid in a heap on Thanksgiving morning, Larry and Ella went to our church to lend a hand in coordinating the 444 meals that were packaged and delivered by a group of fabulous volunteers. I have no problem saying that over a dozen of those volunteers were our friends, with no affiliation to our church. I received numerous texts that morning from these friends. It was so touching. Ella was completely in her element: at her Ah-men with so many of her people. If your heart is open, finding that silver lining ain't so tough.

H, L & EML

No comments:

Post a Comment