header

header

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A gathering of enormous proportions!

Nicely done family!!
I really don't think I can beat this blog post from one year ago. More importantly, I don't know if I could muster up the creative energy to express the joy that still lingers now, two days later. My body is beat up. My house is rather disheveled. Yet, I'd do it all over again today - in a heartbeat. I still can't believe we all fit in our house!

Ella woke up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and fell into a heap at 7pm when my clean up crew (aka my parents) got in their car.

We all gathered bringing my Grandma's food. She would have so enjoyed tasting (and perhaps critiquing!) our hand at her recipes. Just a few...

Sandwich Loaf...three of them. Devoured.

Chicken and Noodles. Quintessential Donna Ruth Comfort Food.

Ella so enjoyed her family. Kaia and Alyssa were especially sweet with her.

Ella shared her Pete The Cat book. BIG hit.
While we were setting up the group shot (me behind the camera with the timer going...) Ella decided she was done waiting. What I find especially touching is the expression on the faces of her people. If ever there was a picture that showed it, it is this one. The girl has got an army of love behind her.

Give thanks Thursday and every day.

H, L & EML

1 comment:

  1. Heather, thank you for again Hosting another great Donna Ruth celebration. If not for you (and Larry) and everyone bringing that special dish they remembered of Mom's. We have all been blessed in our own special way this past year and look forward to many more to come. I know I speak for Kay as well.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Our Love John and Irene

    ReplyDelete