Last weekend, we packed our bags and spent time with nephew Trent, Kim, their baby bump! (coming in July), the dogs and the cats at their incredibly cool, old home. Larry and I are both the youngest in our families. It has perks. One of those perks is being an aunt and uncle to adults who are living, doing, traveling, marrying, starting families... Somehow friendship takes over - if you're doing it right. And there is still this level of familial hierarchy. That's good, too. I feel confident that any one of ours could and would call us if the chips were down.
Of course, it poses an interesting situation for Ella: she has no cousins her age. What she does have is her cousin's children to grow up with. We are thrilled to know that Trent and Kim's arrival in July will be part of that crew.
And we think they're going to be great parents because of their love, admiration and attention to Ella.
How many grown men would hit the park in his pj's to swing with his cousin on an early Sunday morning?
|Larry sticks the landing!|
|Ella scaled the 'rock wall' her first try.|
|Swings then slide. Slide then swings...|
|Jasper, Kim and Josie.|
|Sergei and his new shadow.|
|I love everything about this shot.|
She fell asleep like this and woke up in the same position 8 hours later. To hear her say, "I don't want to leave Trent and Kim" on Sunday morning was pretty much the best thing ever.
The rest of the week has gone like this:
- Ella ditched all pull-up wearing at nap and night sleeps (something she was not letting go of despite the fact that her pull-ups haven't been wet in a year)
- My mom left for Florida to visit her brother for a week (translation: my sitter is on vacation)
- My dad left for business out of state (translation: Bentley the dog needed our love and care)
- My sister-in-law had major surgery and is finally home resting
- Larry played two gigs over the weekend in conjunction with all of the St. Patrick's Day hoopla (translation: he wasn't around much)
- I have been full-time MOMMY!!! mode since...oh heck sometime earlier this week
We've got lots of cute photos of the rest of our week. And when I finish up my last 'vacation day' from work (ha) tomorrow with Ella, I'll try to get back on here.
In the meantime, sleep well!