header

header

Monday, October 15, 2012

Actually.

Ella has mastered the word actually.  Do I say it a lot? I must, right? She says it whenever possible and always properly.

She also told me something was terrific! this morning. I ooh'd and ahhh'd so much over her proper use of the word, I couldn't even begin to tell you what was so awesome.

I'm sad to see this past week fly by. AGAIN. Everything is moving so terribly fast - Ella's vocabulary, the pre-school year, work, life. We are enjoying it but w-o-w-z-a I wish I had a 'freeze' button.

Topping out all news this week is my parents' big move.

After 17 or so years in their current home, they've decided they need a new project. This little gem is nestled in my mom's favorite neighborhood - OUR neighborhood! Yes, they will be living 12 houses away from us. On our street! We are so happy for them and Ella is 1,000 kinds of excited about having them so close by. The place needs some updates and Larry and I will be gearing up as painters/cleaners/movers over the course of the next couple of months. Ella will get her first stab at painting walls. Again...ecstatic.

We had our first field trip with pre-school this past week. On a particularly brisk, windy morning we hit a sweet little farm. Ella had perhaps the worst sleep in a year the night prior to this field trip. She spent a lot of time whining about the stinky animals (she is my kid), sucking on P-Man and ignoring her classmates. I had a blast, however. We had a personal tour from the owner, went on a hayride and picked out pumpkins. She gave up a few smiles before it was over.

Unimpressed Ella, P-Man and her teacher, Mrs. K.
Best Milk Moustache Ever!
Hayride fun with James.
FINALLY warming up to this farm thing.


So many choices for such a little thing.
Sebastian and Ella. She only speaks of two classmates. James and Sebastian. Boys. I'm guessing it is the mutual love for cars.
And on the drive down our street afterwards, I stopped the car long enough to hang out my window to capture what beauty surrounds us. Come mid-November, I'll be cursing the leaves these big trees give us. Right now they are nothing short of perfection.

Speaking of painting, we are in the midst of painting our own living room.
With a three year old underfoot...
Including the three year old's toys....
Both of us working full-time....

I'll leave it at that.

Larry has been working all summer on a huge front yard project. I can't do it justice but what started as a simple walk-path with sandstone and gravel turned into a major excavation of tree root removal. All by hand with one heavy axe.

His helper has come on the scene now to make sure the stones are in order. I walked out the front door to check on them and she said, "I don't need to see you. I have my listening ears on." Sneaky way to be sassy, don't you think?



Have a great week! ~H



No comments:

Post a Comment