header

header

Thursday, March 6, 2014

We are here!!

The last few weeks have been busy.

What an understatement. Involved. Occupied. Engaged. Hectic. Active. Lively.

Yes, all of that - which is why I've been a little quiet here.

We celebrated our Fourth Family Day. We have been to the Art Museum. We spent an entire weekend celebrating our church's 100th birthday. We spent days thereafter trying to catch up on rest after that celebration. We celebrated our buddy Emmett's fourth birthday. We went to a wedding. We had breakfast with RJ and Isabella while Daddy's band provided background music to a packed cafĂ©. We Skyped with Grant who is teaching in Korea. Ella had an over-nighter with Grandma and Papa so that these grown ups could enjoy some of the best Vietnamese food ever all by ourselves.

Our life is big (not to be confused with perfect) and this blog is a constant reminder for me.



Our stained glass windows are incredible.

Taking a moment for a photo at our anniversary dinner. Packed house.

"The Kids' Table" when all that grown up stuff got boring.

Me with Carol and Jason - two of my anniversary planning buddies.

The celebration worship service was just perfect the following morning. The absolute cherry on top was Roz, Katie and Patrick joining us. Oh was Ella excited. We surprised her.

Little ladies in their Sunday Best.

Ella and Katie finding me in the balcony sneaking pictures.


We welcome everyone through our doors - even the dirty, furry ones!

Roz and Patrick taking notes on the sermon.



Larry has the prettiest fan club!




I spent the last week or so going through oodles of photographs I took during the celebration. I am happy to say that I'm done (which is why I've got time to update the blog now!). I'm so glad Katie grabbed my camera to capture this image of the girls and me. I was elated - that everything went well, that the attendance was wonderful, that I had these two in my arms at the end to help me celebrate and smile.

Because our girl was the best little Lutheran ever, she got ice cream on that Sunday evening after we slept the day away.

Circles under her eyes as proof.


Then there was all of this too!!




Larry with his new uke.

Oh Thomas....




Ava and her family returned from a trip to Florida, left the suitcases and laundry to meet the crew at our museum. Our artist friend held a little talk and demonstration for the kids - what big fun.

Roz and Ella with Dani



Ella was most excited to show her buds the Varujan Boghosian exhibit. For the first time in her life, she could actually TOUCH the art in an exhibit!! Ava, Roz and Ella each made their own exhibits using pieces that were important to them.





We topped off this past weekend with a much-needed breakfast catch-up gab-fest with RJ, Isabella and Marisa.




Had the bonus of my great-nephew, nephew and his fiancé Jody joining us for breakfast and a trip to the downtown library all before heading to Emmett's birthday party!

Matthew and Ella

The wonders of technology (see, even Thomas is amazed): Grant got to talk with Ella and me on Sunday morning. It was bedtime for him in Korea and we loved seeing him live.

Happy Thursday! ~H




No comments:

Post a Comment