header

header

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Screwball


Ella's got one nickname around here, Screwball, and it sticks like glue. She has a fabulous sense of humor. Years of waiting keep you wondering and dreaming of your child. Oh, how I hoped she'd have a little Lucy in her (if you know me, you get that reference!). And she does. She really, really does!


Just last night, I spent some time reviewing the journal we kept while waiting for our referral. All in all, there are four years of hand-written letters to Ella. It is hard - in a way that I never thought it would be - for me to read back through those entries we wrote ever-so-religiously. It reminds me of the wait, the patience that sprung up in places I didn't know existed. Because now? Now, it never crosses my mind. Gears have been switched.

I am so happy that we will be able to share that journal with Ella one day. I am so glad we were 'on the ball' and made such a conscious effort to document that part of her journey - bumps, bruises and all. And in time, the edges will blur together for me, her Mama. For now, my energy goes into feeding her screwball nature, her love for music, her ability to talk and sing every waking moment. And what a wonderful task before me...







PS - Thanks to Cousins Matthew and Nicole for a wonderful morning of playtime!

1 comment: