header

header

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Eve

This evening started a new tradition in our household. We lit a candle before we started our dinner and I spoke to Ella about her birth mother. It certainly isn't the first time we've talked about her, or her birth father. It definitely isn't the first time we've talked about her being adopted. These are ongoing conversations in our life.

What we did tonight was more than that, though. We lit the candle and we celebrated her. We gave thanks for her decision to bring this precious life into the world. Because the reality is this: without her I would not be celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow. Half way around this big world, there is a woman who gave life. And we love her. I love her.

Ella is so perfectly matched to me, to us. I am in awe of the perfection. And I smile a peaceful, satisfied, joyful smile at God's hand.

2 comments: