header

header

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mother's Day to me.

"If the standard route for creating a family had worked for me, I wouldn't have met this child. I needed to know her. I needed to be her mother. I know now why all those events happened. Or didn't happen." Nia Vardalos, Instant Mom

Preach it, Nia. 

I am beyond honored.

When she isn't sassing me, she is most certainly making me laugh. I am happy as a Mom. 

I am tired most days, if I'm being totally honest.


My very first mother's day in 2010.

That chubby belly is gone. I miss kissing it.

She teaches me stuff daily and so does my other daughter, Roz.


Sometimes that stuff is patience; sometimes it is to live more in the moment. Having my own mom just down the street is the best ever.


My house will never be clean. I do like it when it is but time, people...there isn't enough of it! I suspect I'll have time for that when she goes off on her own one day.




Ella is so tall, with baby teeth falling out and new crooked ones coming in. I love her more than that day we first met. And honestly, I never thought that would be possible.


Most days, I think I'm doing it right and when I'm not I fake it really well so she thinks I do. Motherhood for me is wearing 179 hats in a 24 hour period and being super stoked that I didn't lose Panda along the way.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mamas out there that help me be Mama Heather to her.

~H

No comments:

Post a Comment